Wednesday 12 February 2014

Grandma knows best


Wearing:

Knitted top, similar here

Cotton On Soft black bra

Vintage blue and white wide leg pants, similar here

Bauhaus silver rings

Gorman clogs

Unfortunately I cannot take credit for this outfit, my talented friend Sophie just whipped it out of the closet (Her wardrobe is incredible!). Believe it or not Sophie's grandma knitted this top for her, such a fashion forward woman. It got me to thinking how we can learn something from our grandmas, I mean they did grow up in a era of full skirts, femininity and elegance. One way we can honor their style is giving new life to preloved clothing. Our fashion has developed from generations before us, it would be wrong if we didn't take advantage of op shops and find those hidden treasures. Don't get me wrong I have my favourite labels and love buying new shoes but there is nothing as unique as vintage garment. However, whether we wear old or new, we can all channel the elegance of our grandmothers. That is something all women should wear.   

This is the second look from my op shop collaboration with my friend Sophie. 
Sophie did my make up, helped styled and took the photos, as I said before she is talented! 

Hope you enjoy the rest of your week xx

No comments:

Post a Comment